40th Anniversary Essay Competition
The Canadian Health Coalition (CHC) is a public advocacy organization dedicated to the preservation and improvement of public health care in Canada. We are thrilled to be celebrating our 40th anniversary in 2019!
We are inviting everyone who loves to write and tell a story to mark this important milestone by writing an essay showcasing how far Canada has come around the issue of public health care over the last 40 years. The CHC will publicize the winning essays at activities and events surrounding our anniversary.
Everyone can participate.
How to Apply
Submit the following information:
• Essay entry must be under 600 words, not including references.
• Essay entry must include a cover page with the name of the author(s), mailing address and e-mail address.
• All essays must be submitted by email to CHC40thanniversary@gmail.com before March 12, 2019. Please specify “Essay competition” in the subject line.
• An essay can have more than one author.
• Entries must be submitted in .pdf or .doc format.
• Participants can submit more than one essay, but they must make separate entries for each one.
• The essays submitted become the intellectual property of the CHC. Participants authorize the CHC to copy, share and distribute the essays at its discretion.
• The CHC will select the winners.
The winning essays will be rewarded with a cash prize.
1st prize: $500, 2nd prize: $250, 3rd prize: $100